From: Michael Curtis Napier <curtis119@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: [www-redesign] xsl update
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 03:25:27

I have a bit of progress to report. I have the handbook, first few
of the dev handbook, most of the FAQ's and project pages, developer
listing, irc list, mailing lists and other misc pages in the xsl (I
don't have direct access to the web servers so every xml page I have
to be done with ?passthru=1 and it's a pain in the ass). It's coming
along nicely.

A lot of the links work now so if everyone would please take a look,
click around and give me some feedback it would be appreciated. I
removed the top "You are here" thing and the search from the docs pages
and put the authors in the right column and the print button works.

I still don't know if we are going to include a search function?

At this point everything on Swifts road map has a new layout. Now it
should be just a matter of tweaking the design and then cleaning it all
up. I know swift and some others have said "Doing any xsl is pointless
at this point" but I did it anyway. It's easier to generate all the
pages dynamically using xsl then it is to design a static html page by
hand for every page. Plus it makes it easy to see how some things
do/don't fit into the generic template and tweak the design around it.
sincerely hope no one gets mad at me for doing this (I caught a lot of
flack on irc for this a few days ago). Not to mention the fact that
project started in September of last year and it is now almost June and
this is all we have to show. I want to kick start things and get this
ball rolling, Go Gentoo!  :)