From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:38:19
Curtis Napier wrote:
> Xavier Neys wrote: > >> Links to GWN RSS feeds are not properly displayed: >> http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/gwn.xml >> http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/gwn.xml > > I forgot to copy over the image. fixed.
The xml image is underlined and it's darn ugly IMHO.
gentoo-doc@g.o was even worse, good to see it's been removed.
>> > ramereth, swift and klieber: what do you think? I would like to have >> > this site up and running before christmas, is that feasible? >> >> Doing important changes when some (many?) guys are less available or >> away for holidays might not be a very good idea. > > > Normally I would agree with you but I've been doing this for so long now > I'm really itching to get it up and move on to the other sites. I know I > know, it shouldn't matter what I'm "itching" to do and only the quality > of the work should be considered. If all of us involved don't think we > can get this up by the New Year then so be it but I really want to try.
Good to see we agree on it being released when it's ready and all known glitches have been solved. Besides, you should make sure the right people will be available to handle the feedback & bugs that will probably come, and that includes you. Bugs like http://bugs.gentoo.org/114897 (link to /doc/en/list.xml on front page) or http://bugs.gentoo.org/113796 (Truncated code samples) or anything that has to do with html/css will end up on your lap. Wkr, -- / Xavier Neys \_ Gentoo Documentation Project / French & Internationalisation Lead \ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en /\ -- www-redesign@g.o mailing list