From: Michael Curtis Napier <curtis119@×××××.com>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: [www-redesign] xml beta1
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 07:33:33
1 I have a little bit of progress to see at http://curtis119.no-ip.org/,
2 most of the top level links work including About, Philosophy, Docs,
3 Lists, Get Gentoo, Support and Sponsors. Other things like the Social
4 Contract and Mirrors also work. I changed the menu around to match
5 gentoo's current one just so it would be easier to see how the two
6 sites
7 compare as far as individual pages look.
8
9 In his Roadmap, Swift specifically asked for some of those above pages.
10 Another one he wanted was a news item (Portage 2.0.51 released
11 <http://localhost/news/20041021-portage51.xml>) with a (full story)
12 link. I put that news item at the top of the page so you can test that.
13 The More Headlines link at the bottom currently only gives an
14 unformated
15 list of older news items. The first ten or so do work.
16
17 The last I heard the search function was not going to be implemented.
18 Is this still true? Aaron you will have to change that if so.
19
20 All of my changes so far have been in guide.xsl only. Specifically to
21 the mainpage/news/email template. I haven't even looked at doclayout
22 yet. I'm going to polish up what I have so far and start on doclayout
23 tomorrow. I should have some more good stuff to show by 9pm EST
24 tomorrow. If you try to view it and you get an error just try back in a
25 few minutes. I'm changing it live and gorg is very picky about errors.
26
27 Also, I wanted to say that this is VERY rough. Lots of stuff is still
28 not formated correctly and the xsl template is going to have to be gone
29 over with a fine tooth comb. It already looks really good
30 for a first rough draft though.
33 www-redesign@g.o mailing list