From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Cc: aaron@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] about gentoo page layout
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 08:57:04
1 On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:26:36AM -0800, Michael Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > I started the layout for the about page. It, along with the about.css,
3 > are attached (I don't have CVS access). I know the main.css style sheet
4 > is going to be used for all pages so the changes I made can be merged
5 > at a later date. I took out the Manage, Customize, etc bar for this
6 > page. Should it be on all pages? I think it looks better without for
7 > this page and all sub pages for that matter. Thoughts?
8
9 Same here; I believe those are meant for the index page only. I did see that
10 you use the three menu-stacks on the bottom on the about page as well. Do
11 you believe it's best to have these on all pages?
12
13 I thought that was also for the main page only.
14
15 Also, we might want to wait for Aaron's HTML code for the documentation; he
16 has made such already (which was part of the redesign contest), see
17 <http://www.gentoo.org/images/wwwcontest/contest1_handbook.png>. Hopefully
18 he can toss that in pretty soon (Aaron?), I haven't got an URL for that
19 though.
20
21 Nice work already Michael!
22
23 Wkr,
24 Sven Vermeulen
25
26 Cc'd Aaron as I haven't heard of him yet, not sure he's already on the
27 mailinglist. Aaron, if not, please subscribe by sending an e-mail to
28 www-redesign-subscribe@g.o. TIA
31 Documentation & PR project leader
32
33 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>