From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] Update: August 07, 2005
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:19:32
On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 07:45:09PM -0700, Aaron Shi wrote:
> Concerns regarding long author list have been addressed with this new > update. The author list is moved to the "Sidebar" along with the > document action buttons. As a result, long author lists now display > fine, but it is not displayed when printed because it no longer > follows the document "flow" -- which is fine as it wouldn't make sense > to have 25% of the page width used by credits when printed anyway.
Sorry, but the documentation must always contain the names of the authors. This is part of the license we use, and also part of appreciation given to the authors.
> Looks like it's in progress, but I hope when it's done it'll look more > like the reference pages I provided. =D
There are quite a lot of changes already going on on the layout and internal code. As you are probably aware, we require more than just the correct look, we also need the code to be clean, functional and standard (W3C guidelines). The wwwredesign testserver is meant to show all layout as it is in-progress and is directly connected to our CVS where we put the development on.
> Quirks are common place when integration takes place, but in this case > the design appears to be completely *destroyed.* At this point, > integrators shouldn't be changing the CSS or the basic HTML structure > (except for quirk squashing purposes). I am no longer adding > "features" either, just addressing concerns in this mailing list.
Actually changes are inevitable. I'll try to comment on the rest at a later stage, busy currently (mondays always suck). Wkr, Sven Vermeulen -- Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee The Gentoo Project <<< >>>