From: Stefan Huszics <sauron@×××××××.se>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] some proposals
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 21:41:13
Marc Boeker wrote:

> as ian already said the boxes on the bottom of the page are looking > very lonely. perhabst it is possible to integrate some of the > important links into the right container to fill this right area.
I think that would be a misstake, mixing ads and important links. I really like those boxes on the frontpage. I don't nessecarily think they have to be on all pages though. They are greate for instant access to a specific area of interest or for highlighting the most important part for newcomers, but once you start browsing around on the site I think it's probably enough to have the accesspoint only from the top navbar. However I think it would look a lot better to have the boxes at the bottom centered then in 1 corner.
> another thing which looks strage to me is the size of the page. i've > tested it in firefox, mozilla and konqueror but in all these browsers > the horizontal scrollbars is visible and i can scroll about 30px to > the right. my screen resolution is 1280x1024. is it only in my case, > or has someone else the same problem?
I have the same on but I suspect it's the yahoobanner messing things up
> the sponsor text under the ads is in my opinion a bit to near under > the images. perhabst a small spacer will fix this.
> we need a place to host a sample test pages (maybe with cvs access) > 'cause this annoying yahoo javascript/overkill/layer/pop-up sucks ;)
Indeed, a wiki or something where you could upload pages would be quite much better. /SH

File name MIME type
sauron.vcf text/x-vcard