From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: www-redesign@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] I have not forgotten...
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 11:01:35
1 On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 01:37:32PM -0800, Michael Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > I want to start transferring the design to the xml templates. I'll
3 > start working on that and hopefully have something to show on monday or
4 > tuesday. I'm going to focus just on the top nav, ad space and footer
5 > for now since those have basically been agreed upon. Once the actual
6 > content layout has been finalized I will fill it in.
7
8 I'd rather have you wait for that, unless you're doing this to be able to
9 have the current site use the new layout for demonstration purposes. We need
10 to think on our website structure as well and verify the current DTD if
11 there is anything that needs to be rewritten/rethought.
12
13 Also, our XSLT may need to be rewritten (Xavier?) to decrease
14 resource-intensive operations (document() stuff), perhaps identify issues
15 that can be dealt with using cronjobs.
16
17 Of course, if you're filling in the XML templates so that we can verify how
18 the ongoing development is mapped onto the result (and to verify what still
19 needs to be done), I'm not going to slow you down :)
20
21 Wkr,
22 Sven Vermeulen
25 Documentation & PR project leader