From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: www-redesign@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [www-redesign] status of http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:23:15
1 Curtis Napier wrote:
2 > Xavier Neys wrote:
3 >
4 >> I posted a few comments with screen caps at
5 >> http://dev.gentoo.org/~neysx/wwwredesign/
6 >
7 > I looked at your comments, some of the stuff was already fixed. Give me
8 > a few days to look into the rest of it.
9
10 Take your time. I've noticed some changes indeed.
11 Alignment on main page: changed and fixed,
12 Titling: changed and *not* fixed
13
14 http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=1&chap=4
15 The 3 title levels are still inconsistent:
16 "4. Preparing the Disks" (OK)
17 "4.a. Introduction to Block Devices" (looks like normal text)
18 "Block Devices" (bolder, coloured, w/ coloured background)
19
20 >> Besides, is there any hope of using a background colour in <th> that
21 >> allows to read <c> and <brite>?
22 >
23 > I could use the same light greyish-purple that is the background for ads
24 > and the jumppads and authors. That should show the <c> and <brite>
25 > pretty well. What do you think?
26
27 Whatever colour, as long as it's readable. Maybe <ti> could also be more
28 readable than they are at the moment.
29
30 > neysx, do you see any technical bugs that need to be fixed (other than
31 > the stuff you linked to in your previous mail)?
32
33 Outdated translation warnings do not seem to work:
34 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/fr/xml-guide.xml
35 http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/doc/fr/xml-guide.xml
36
37 Links to GWN RSS feeds are not properly displayed:
38 http://wwwredesign.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/gwn.xml
39 http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gwn/gwn.xml
40
41 > ... and an email to the docs-team icon added.
42
43 Very bad idea, at least the address is.
44 docs-team is an alias that should only be used by bugzilla to notify GDP
45 members. GDP is not going to maintain the site itself, GDP definitely does not
46 want to be mailed about any issues outside of /doc/*
47 Use an appropriate address or none at all.
48 FYI, some of us probably move mails to docs-team that do not come from
49 bugzilla straight to /dev/null. At least I do :)
50
51 > ramereth, swift and klieber: what do you think? I would like to have
52 > this site up and running before christmas, is that feasible?
53
54 Doing important changes when some (many?) guys are less available or away for
55 holidays might not be a very good idea.
58 Cheers,
59 --
60 / Xavier Neys
61 \_ Gentoo Documentation Project