From: Seemant Kulleen <seemant@g.o>
To: gentoo-admin@g.o, jhboricua@×××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [Gentoo-admin] Rsync Mirror setup Notification
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 05:49:03
1 On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:18:09 -0500
2 "Jose A. Hernandez" <jhboricua@×××××××××.org> wrote:
3
43 > Gentoo-admin mailing list
44 > Gentoo-admin@g.o
47 Hi Jose,
48
49 Thank you so much for the offer. I am terribly sorry that you have not
50 gotten a response to your requests. An offer of kind help should never go
51 unanswered. As I am new to the rsync team, I did not get any previous
52 e-mails. So, let us begin.
53
54 If you could provide us some details as to time restrictions (ie, will the
55 rsync change in a few weeks/months, etc) and upload limits. It is our
56 experience, you see, that rsync mirrors with a user cap of 10 users tends
57 to cause more frustration for users than solve problems. Thus, as a
58 matter of policy we are only considering mirrors with a minimum cap of 20.
59
60 Please do let me know these things, and I would be more than glad to add
61 your rsync mirror to our lists.
62
63 And, again, my sincerest apologies for your having to extend this offer
64 multiple times.
65
66 Thanks,
70 Seemant Kulleen
71 Developer and Project Co-ordinator,
72 Gentoo Linux http://www.gentoo.org/~seemant
73
74 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x225EF866
75 Key fingerprint = 592A 35F7 09CA FAB4 17B3 6E97 72E6 23CC 225E F866