From: Jeff Donsbach <jeff_donsbach@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] Some questions about DS25
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:47:50
--- Davide Cittaro <daweonline@×××××.com> wrote:
> [...]
The SRM only recognizes the values "unix" or "vms". When running Linux, leave it set to "UNIX". What this does is actually change the behavior of calls to palcode for the OS running on top of it.
> Should > CONFIG_ALPHA_LEGACY_START_ADDRESS be set to y or n? > And why? >
I believe it should be set to "n". The only time you should need to set it to "y" is if you are running MILO as your boot loader. The only time you should be really running MILO these days instead of Aboot is if your machine doesn't have an SRM console and only has ARC or AlphaBios (like my XLT machine). Ruffian based systems might be an exception to this, but I've never touched one of those and don't remember. Jeff D __________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list