From: Marnix Arnold <mxa@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-alpha@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alpha] AlphaStation 200 (Mustang) won't boot 2004.3 liveCD
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 07:39:15
Hi Gabriel,

Have you tried to connect a serial terminal to your AlphaStation (I'm
assuming it has a serial port)? If you do get a console prompt there, you
probably have a video card problem. Has your AlphaStation ever run Linux
before?

You also may want to try to boot from an older LiveCD, e.g., 1.4rc1-test4,
that may have the legacy boot option, which works with most alphas. I
haven't used this LiveCD myself since 2004.x works very well on my XLT-300
(amazingly ;-).

Hope this helps,

Marnix.

[snip] -- gentoo-alpha@g.o mailing list