From: Konstantin Tokarev <annulen@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo and Mac bundles
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 08:56:52
1 06.02.2011, 15:04, "Fabian Groffen" <grobian@g.o>:
2 > On 10-12-2010 22:07:11 +0300, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
3 >
4 >> šI've found that GUI application coming with Qt (Designer, Assistant, Linguist; Qt Creator is also affected)
5 >> šare installed in non-bundled form. This introduces user experience issue - icon is not shown in the dock.
6 >> š"Normal" Qt build on Mac OS outside prefix produces bundled apps.
7 >
8 > You mean by "bundled" that it is installed in a .app directory
9 > structure, right?
10
11 Yep.
14 >> šIs this behavior intentional? Note that this application are not supposed to be used from command line.
15 >
16 > I think it is intentional to at least provide a symlink (or wrapper that
17 > calls open /path/too/My.app) in usr/bin to the app like it would be
18 > available on Linux, but there is nothing against building the bundles if
19 > that actually makes it work right.
20
21 I guess something is wrong in qt4.eclass or mkspec macx-g++ (if it's changed in Gentoo somehow).
22 Qt projects provide Mac-specific logic, and it works fine when building with official Qt libraries, but IIRC
23 "manual" building of Qt projects with qmake from Gentoo produces similar "broken" bundles (will check it ASAP)
26 >> šAlso I suppose missing bundle may be a reason for corruption of Assistant GUI (displaced toolbar) which
27 >> šdoes not happen when Qt is build outside prefix
28 >
29 > This may be very well indeed the problem. šIf you have ideas on how to
30 > improve them, please share them.
33 No idea how to debug it yet. Maybe fixing of first issue will bring some light though.
36 Regards,
37 Konstantin