From: mattmatteh@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo and Mac bundles
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 06:21:53
1 >>>  Is this behavior intentional? Note that this application are not supposed to be used from command line.
2 >>
3 >> I think it is intentional to at least provide a symlink (or wrapper that
4 >> calls open /path/too/My.app) in usr/bin to the app like it would be
5 >> available on Linux, but there is nothing against building the bundles if
6 >> that actually makes it work right.
7 >
8 > I guess something is wrong in qt4.eclass or mkspec macx-g++ (if it's changed in Gentoo somehow).
9 > Qt projects provide Mac-specific logic, and it works fine when building with official Qt libraries, but IIRC
10 > "manual" building of Qt projects with qmake from Gentoo produces similar "broken" bundles (will check it ASAP)
11
12 i have noticed that qt with prefix uses the unix install, not the mac
13 way so bundles are not default. i actaully like it this way. perhaps a
14 use flag bundle would be need. ideally your app should work both ways.
15 only exception would user global config files like /etc/foo versus /Library/foo
16 and ~/.foo and ~/Library/foo
17
18 matt