From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Getting Ruby 1.9.x over to Gentoo Prefix
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 01:11:16
1 Svoop,
2
3 If you get anywhere with this, even if it's an overlay on github,
4 please keep the list appraised. I, for one, am interested in trying
5 out Ruby 1.9 on OS X.
6
7 Thanks much,
8 Peter
9
10 On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
11 > On 22-12-2008 13:17:04 -0800, Svoop wrote:
12 >> How about hosting the prefixed version in the Ruby overlay itself, i.e.
13 >> overlays.gentoo.org/proj/ruby/prefix? I'll try to get Ruby 1.9.x running on
14 >> my Mac inspired by the source of ecopy.
15 >
16 > Pick it up with the ruby team if they feel like it. I used to do this
17 > with gnustep overlay, but you really need scripts (like eupdate in this
18 > case) or you'll get crazy. I had some luck with plain svn merges too,
19 > but the biggest problem was to track to which revision you had merged.
20 > Stupid svn can't do proper tagging ;)
23 > --
24 > Fabian Groffen
25 > Gentoo on a different level