From: Svoop <svoop@××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Getting Ruby 1.9.x over to Gentoo Prefix
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 18:43:56
1 Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
2 >
3 > If you get anywhere with this, even if it's an overlay on github,
4 > please keep the list appraised. I, for one, am interested in trying
5 > out Ruby 1.9 on OS X.
8 1.9.1_pre2-r1 compiled with some minor changes. (In fact no changes at all
9 but rather a workaround due to a bug in Ruby's makefile - which I've
10 submitted upstream.) 1.9.1-rc1 is currently downloading and most likely will
11 compile as well. My inet here is very crappy, so this takes forever.
12
13 The tests fail with a big bang and irb and friends throw the auto_gem error,
14 so something with rubygems is not okay. Not sure why as according to the
15 wiki rubygems should be bundled with the ruby-1.9.1 ebuilds.
16
17 However, I'll put the ebuild to a public repo tomorrow when I'm back in my
18 well-networked home again. Maybe someone feels like helping out fixing the
19 remaining issues with it and get it all ready by D-day on Jan 25.
23 Sent from the gentoo-alt mailing list archive at Nabble.com.