From: Johan Hattne <johan@××××××.se>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] sys-devel/llvm-3.6.0 on x64-macos
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:39:46
1 Dear all;
2
3 Motivated by the past thread (starting at https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-alt/message/9a8a47c94bbf2fbc1ab089b62211dcaa), I set out to get clang installed on my 10.9 prefix. For me it fails during compile, but I’m thinking that the problem occurred during configure, because it says
4
5 >>> Configuring source in /Users/hattne/Gentoo/var/tmp/portage/sys-devel/llvm-3.6.0/work/llvm-3.6.0.src ...
6 * .amd64: running multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure
7
8 where I would have expected something like perhaps “abi_x86_64.amd64: running multilib-minimal_abi_src_configure”. I thought I had messed up my profile, but this is set
9
10 etc/portage/make.profile -> ../../usr/portage/profiles/prefix/darwin/macos/10.9/x64
11
12 However, even with this symbolic link in place, USE does not contain an abi settings, i.e. `portageq envvar USE | grep abi` returns nothing. I can of course get past this initial problem by goofing around with the multilib eclasses, but unsurprisingly I run into other equally basic problems (in my case a double prefix).
13
14 I’m suspecting that yet again, there’s something very fundamental that I’ve missed. Anybody have any pointers on what’s gone wrong or what else to check?
15
16 // Best wishes;