From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [Q] What's causing python on Opensolaris to fail to import modules?
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:11:31
On 21-06-2008 20:25:55 -0400, Maurice Volaski wrote:
> I'm installing a prefix for Indiana OpenSolaris 64-bit and I'm at the > point of emerging, but I'm getting an error: > > Failed to complete python imports > > Now I noticed that when python 2.5.2 is compiling in the bootstrap phase > there are repeated warnings > > ***WARNING: renaming "_struct" since importing it failed: ld.so.1: > python: fatal: /usr/sfw/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 > > In the directory, /opt/gentoo/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload, there are > are a number of failed .so files. Could this be related to the cause?
Yeah for sure. I think I hit the same issue and I added a little note for it in the bootstrap guide. If you're bootstrapping 64-bits, you need to have the 64-bits paths in your searchpath, where they are non standard. It's in this line: If you are targetting a 64-bits native Prefix, append -L and -R flags for /usr/sfw/lib/64 to your LDFLAGS. Additionally set CC="gcc -m64", CXX="g++ -m64" and HOSTCC="gcc -m64". note the /usr/sfw/lib/64, it contains the 64-bits version of libgcc_s.so.1, that the linker should find (after skipping the incompatible 32-bits version). If you already did this, it looks like something weird is going on. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level -- gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list