From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] readline ebuild problem
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 07:45:06
1 On 02-12-2008 01:30:40 +0000, Alan Hourihane wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2008-12-01 at 20:27 +0100, Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 > > !m68k-mint? ( sys-devel/libperl )
4 >
5 > O.k, is this the recommended way over having sys-devel/libperl
6 > install /usr/lib/libperl.a ??
7
8 From what I've understood from this entire conversation, MiNT has no
9 shared libraries. Hence, libperl can't possibly provide anything for
10 you. And in that case it may be better not to depend on libperl for
11 MiNT. If this becomes a maintenance nightmare (zillions of ebuilds
12 depending on libperl) we may want to decide that libperl installs
13 nothing on MiNT, such that the dependency can stay and is easily
14 fulfilled. But that's really just a lazy workaround.
18 Fabian Groffen
19 Gentoo on a different level