From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Best Practice in Adopting New Ebuilds in Prefix
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 01:06:00
Hello Fabian,

Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> writes:

> Show us your capabilities, and become a Gentoo Developer in particular > for the Gentoo Prefix project, and help us out to improve our > understaffed project.
That's great. I'd love to. I am have been using Gentoo Prefix for more than 1 year, and Debian for ~7 years. For programming I had (learning) experiences for Python/Perl/C/Lisp, though in my academic work Python is used most often. I have been always been a user in the community and now willing to have a try to contribute as a developer. As a graduate student, I have at least 4 hours of spare time usually everyday (except for the exams, thesis/report deadlines, etc.). I guess becoming a developer particular for Gentoo Prefix is somewhat different than that of gx86, in that I don't need to do those practice in the overlays? Where should I start from now? Maybe this quiz[1]?
Right. For me, I just need some guidance to set things up and go. Hope people around the list can help me through the process. Yours, Benda http://dev.gentoo.org/~grobian/prefix-quiz -- XU Benda Research Center for Neutrino Science Tohoku University JAPAN http://www.awa.tohoku.ac.jp/~benda