From: Nicolas Pinto <nicolas.pinto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo Prefix on github ?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 14:05:17
Hey guys,

Please accept my apologies for the noise if this has already been discussed.

I was simply wondering if it would be a good idea to put the Gentoo
Prefix tree and bootstrap script on github.com. I found that most
projects who moved there got a lot more attention than in their own
corner since it is so easy to contribute issues, pull requests, etc.
(e.g. HomeBrew [1])

I understand that the entire Gentoo community is on a different
platform (i.e. bugzilla / cvs) and is certainly happy with it. Does it
even make sense to talk about it? Is it time to "upgrade"?

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Nicolas

[1] https://github.com/mxcl/homebrew