From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] headsup: portage-2.3.2 is available
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 08:22:17
1 On 28-01-2017 12:34:58 +0900, Benda Xu wrote:
2 > Very nice Fabian,
3 >
4 > Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> writes:
5 >
6 > > I've just committed portage-2.3.2 to the tree. It seems to work fine(tm)
7 > > sofar. One thing that will affect devs is that repoman is now shipped
8 > > separately. You will have to emerge app-portage/repoman. Beware that
9 > > this version of repoman does NOT come from the prefix branch of portage,
10 > > e.g. it is exactly the same version as gx86 uses. I've successfully
11 > > committed some packages with it, and found no problems, I consider this
12 > > a GOOD thing ;)
13 >
14 > Does that mean the prefix branch of portage is eventually merged into
15 > master?
16
17 Slowly, very slowly. I think Zac did an awesome job already adding
18 Prefix support to master, but the prefix branch carries some legacy with
19 it (like always supporting EPREFIX, also in older EAPIs) and some more.
20
21 The merge from 2.2.28 to 2.3.3 went very smoothly, which was even a
22 surprise for me :)
23
24 Fabian
27 Fabian Groffen