From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Prefix on a Gentoo host: sharing the Portage tree
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:03:54
1 On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 9:08 PM, W. Trevor King <wking@×××××××.us> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 10:20:22AM -0500, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 8:09 AM, W. Trevor King <wking@×××××××.us> wrote:
4 >> > Also, in Jeremy's bootstrap-gentoo post [1], I think you need…
5 >>
6 >> …
7 >> However, that guide isn't for people that aren't deeply involved
8 >> with Gentoo Linux development, hence the warnings at the top, so
9 >> please don't complain about it.
10 >
11 > I was suggesting, not complaining ;). That guide is the only
12 > collection of hints I've found for running Prefix on a Gentoo host, so
13 > thanks for putting it out there.
14
15 Well, it isn't the ONLY guide. It is always preferred to use the
16 official docs, http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/
17 -Jeremy