From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Patch for openssl config script -- but not really
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:11:57
1 On 23-12-2010 08:08:28 -0600, Perry Smith wrote:
2 > > I've not seen such problems since I do </dev/null.
3 > > Does it help to redirect stdin from /dev/null for you too?
4 >
5 > I'm not sure when you are suggesting to do the redirect. It would cause the stty to fail and the read
6 > would return immediately so it would avoid hanging forever.
7 >
8 > I've never seen this before (a configure script that pauses or expects input). Given that Portage is a 'batch' type
9 > concept, maybe the redirect should be part of Portage.
10
11 It should be IIRC, based on FEATURES=interactive. Anyway, if /bin/sh is
12 an issue on AIX, perhaps we better run their configure script with
13 Prefix'/bootstrap's bash instead?
17 Fabian Groffen
18 Gentoo on a different level