From: Asfand Qazi <aq2@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] there are no ebuilds to satisfy "app-text/ghostscript-gpl[cups]".
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 12:06:34
On 15/06/12 16:23, Jeremy Olexa wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Asfand Qazi<aq2@×××××××××.uk> wrote: >> Hello, when I've been trying to do a emerge -DuvNta world recently, this is >> what I've been getting: >> >> emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "app-text/ghostscript-gpl[cups]". >> (dependency required by "net-print/cups-1.5.3" [ebuild]) >> (dependency required by "dev-java/icedtea-bin-7.2.1-r1[X]" [ebuild]) >> (dependency required by "@selected" [set]) >> (dependency required by "@world" [argument]) >> >> I can create my own ebuild in my local overlay, but is there a more >> permanent fix to this? > > USE=cups is masked. icedtea-bin[X] requires cups. icedtea-bin is not > keyworded for Gentoo Prefix. > > With that above info, we have already taken care of protecting users > who are not hacking on Gentoo Prefix. After looking at the icedtea-bin > ebuild, looks like you can disable USE=X and install it without cups? > > Good luck, you are in untested/unsupported territory, > Jeremy >
Thanks. I kind of need X with iced-tea to run desktop apps, so I'll try unmasking USE=cups and see what happens. -- Regards, Asfand Yar Qazi Team 87 - High Throughput Gene Targeting Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute -- The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.