From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:23:21
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Thursday 09 December 2010 12:58:36 Paul Jewell wrote:
3 >
4 >> When I installed my system back in January, I started off with 64 bit only,
5 >> and immediately hit a problem with grub compilation. I switched to
6 >> multilib, and the installation went smoothly. I would recommend Pappy's
7 >> seeds as a starting point for kernel configuration. Even if you don't use
8 >> his seed, the debian resource to identify drivers is useful. If you need a
9 >> link, I'll sort it out when I get home. I have not had any issues with the
10 >> multilib setup, and compared to my old AthlonXP system it flies!
11 >>
12 > Ok, that's probably why it works for me then :)
13 > I use multilib as I prefer the flexibility and didn't have to go with grub-
14 > static for a while now.
15 >
16 > --
17 > Joost Roeleveld
22 I'm thinking, AT THE MOMENT, of going multilib and grub-static. That
23 way down the road, I can switch to no-multilib and not have to reinstall
24 grub. To simple huh?
25
26 Dale
27