From: Daniel Gryniewicz <dang@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Build a 32-bit app?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 19:41:15
1 On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 14:42 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Duncan wrote:
3 > > The binary should be a 32-bit or 64-bit dynamically linked ELF
4 > > executable, tho in this case "executable" includes shared object
5 > > libraries as well, so you can see what other libraries libraries depend
6 > > on, too.
7 >
8 > A bit off topic, but sometimes I wish Gentoo had some mechanism of
9 > allowing for 32-bit builds of libraries instead of needing -emul
10 > packages. But I guess that would be too much work with no real gain
11 > since only few people would need it.
15 http://dev.gentoo.org/~kanaka/auto-multilib/
16
17 Alternatively, I have a mostly working 32bit userland version that I
18 talk about here:
19 http://gryniewicz.com/blogs/dang/2009/01/22/the-switch-has-been-flipped/
20
21 It's not too hard to do either one; some knowhow is important. For
22 example, I had to make a custom catalyst image to get started. It's fun
23 to work with, tho.
24
25 Daniel