From: Bob Sanders <rsanders@×××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB flash drive mount point fun
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 15:47:06
1 Mark Haney, mused, then expounded:
2 >
3 > Does that make a little more sense?
6 The logfile told all. My guess is during usb bus resets/rediscovery (an
7 automatic thing) ivman has the mount, but because the lowered numbered
8 drive is already there, a new device gets created (probably by ivman)
9 and remounted as the old one disappeared, but the node in /dev still exists.
10
11 My guess is if you get rid of ivman, this will not occur anymore. Of course
12 you're back to old, boring, reliable, manual mounting/umounting of removeable
13 devices.
14
15 Bob
16 -