From: Christoph Mende <ch.mende@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How To Play WMV?
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:28:34
1 Latest stable version of ffmpeg is supposed to support wmv (at least
2 ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20060816 has working wmv for me here), which is imho a
3 better solution.
4
5 2006/9/27, Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>:
6 > Hello,
7 >
8 > My google digging wasn't helpful this time. Perhaps I can't find the
9 > right search keywords. ;-(
10 > On a 32bit gentoo system appropriate codec comes with
11 > "media-libs/win32codecs" and such movies can be played by mplayer. On
12 > amd64 mplayer can't be emerged with "USE=win32codecs", because the flag
13 > is disabled by the profile.
14 >
15 > Please, advise me how to set up an amd64 based system to play clips of
16 > "*.wmv" format or send me a link to some information on this subject.
17 >
18 > Thanks in advance!
21 > --
22 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list