From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How To Play WMV?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 00:55:57
1 On Wednesday 27 September 2006 06:25, "Christoph Mende"
2 <ch.mende@××××××××××.com> wrote about 'Re: [gentoo-amd64] How To Play
3 WMV?':
4 > Latest stable version of ffmpeg is supposed to support wmv (at least
5 > ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20060816 has working wmv for me here), which is imho a
6 > better solution.
7
8 Yeah, I don't have any -bin packages installed on ~amd64 and I can play
9 some WMVs. Others either do not play, or play audio only.
12 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
13 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
14 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
15 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh