From: Harry Holt <harryholt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Browsing speed problems - possibly flash related
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:58:30
1 It's probably not java (as in the java VM on the machine), but javascript in
2 the browser. I have noticed that firefox's javascript is noticably slower
3 on linux than on windows (both 64-bit and 32). Check out for example
4 digg.com (a site that makes extensive use of javascript). There is a
5 noticeable performance difference.
6
7 ... HH
8