From: Christoph Mende <angelos@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] win32codecs on AMD64?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:03:36
1 On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:53:32 +0200
2 Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > It _is_ 64 bits. Besides, vlc can use your hardware acceleration chipsets, whereas mplayer can't (it's a software-rendering player). And confirming what you mention, I was surprised to notice that vlc can play wma and such without the need for win32codecs. The only thing I'm using mplayer for, is re-encoding tecplot's avi exports, which don't seem to work with vlc.
4 mplayer can do that too and since they both use pretty much the same
5 libraries, they can play the same stuff ;)