From: Isidore Ducasse <ducasse.isidore@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] win32codecs on AMD64?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:55:37
1 le Thu, 14 Jun 2007 05:58:45 -0400
2 "B. Nice" <anonymous.pseudonym.88@×××××.com> a écrit:
5 > On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 19:26 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 >
7 > If you're not married to the idea of using mplayer, vlc works well on an
8 > amd64 and plays pretty much every file format I've ever come across. I
9 > haven't installed any binary packages, so I'm fairly certain it's 64bit.
10
11 It _is_ 64 bits. Besides, vlc can use your hardware acceleration chipsets, whereas mplayer can't (it's a software-rendering player). And confirming what you mention, I was surprised to notice that vlc can play wma and such without the need for win32codecs. The only thing I'm using mplayer for, is re-encoding tecplot's avi exports, which don't seem to work with vlc.
12 --
13 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list