From: "B. Nice" <anonymous.pseudonym.88@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] win32codecs on AMD64?
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:01:30
1 On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 19:26 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Is there anyway to enable win32codecs on my AMD64 machine?
3 >
4 > I tried adding it in package.use but it still shows up like
5 > (-win32codecs) when I loko at emerging a package like mplayer.
6 >
7 > Maybe there is some way to build mplayer as a 32-bit app and be able to use it?
8 >
9 > Thanks,
10 > Mark
11
12 If you're not married to the idea of using mplayer, vlc works well on an
13 amd64 and plays pretty much every file format I've ever come across. I
14 haven't installed any binary packages, so I'm fairly certain it's 64bit.
15 The next question being how do they manage to use a 32bit codec(wmv) in
16 a 64bit package.. Not a clue.
17
18 Hope this helps
21 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list