From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] GCC 4 CFLAGS
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:44:05
1 On Monday 25 September 2006 07:22, I wrote:
2 > On Monday 25 September 2006 02:27, David Fellows wrote:
3 > > So verify again, emerge imagemagick with your fancy cc options. If you
4 > > get the error message again, then either the ebuild or autoconf is
5 > > selecting a 3.6 version of gcc to compile with, Presumably by setting
6 > > CTARGET.
7 >
8 > What I'm doing at the moment is to emerge -e world without -compile
9 > or -ftree-pre. Kde-base/juk failed to compile, the loader complaining
10 > about an undefined reference. I'll look into that later; at present I
11 > still have 47 of the 709 packages to go [1] before I have a complete
12 > GCC-4.1.1 system. Then I'll see about adding those two flags back in.
13
14 I did all that and started emerge -e world with the full set of Duncan's
15 flags. When I got to the 13th package that failed on unrecognised flags I
16 decided to remove the old GCC, 3.4.4. At this moment, as Gerard Hoffnung
17 said in his Bricklayer's Story, I must have lost my presence of mind,
18 because I did it without making sure I had a package of it. So now I've no
19 compiler on the system, even though GCC 4.1.1 is fully installed according
20 to the upgrade instructions.
21
22 So now I must restore the whole system from the backup I took just before
23 starting the GCC upgrade and start again. See you next year...
26 Rgds
27 Peter
28 --
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list