From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: GCC 4 CFLAGS
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:19:45
1 Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> posted
2 200609251541.50248.prh@××××××××××.uk, excerpted below, on Mon, 25 Sep
3 2006 15:41:50 +0000:
4
5 > So now I must restore the whole system from the backup I took just before
6 > starting the GCC upgrade and start again. See you next year...
7
8 If you trust me not to pull some weird trick (I wouldn't, but hey, for all
9 you know I'm just some guy on a list, do you know me well enough to trust?
10 I'm not sure I'd trust a guy on the list in your spot, maybe depends on how
11 desperate I was), I have binpkgs of the following gcc versions I could
12 mail you:
13
14 3.4.4-r1
15 3.4.5-r1
16 3.4.6
17 3.4.6-r1
18 4.0.2-r3
19 4.0.3
20 4.1.1
21 4.1.1-r1
22
23 Of course, those 4.0.x versions were never unmasked... but I
24 package.unmasked and ran them anyway, with 3.4.x as a backup and 4.1.x as
25 the main system compiler after it came out.
26
27 That does explain why your eselect-compiler could say 4.1.1 yet you were
28 having problems as if it was 3.4.x. If 3.4.x was the only one on your
29 system...
34 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
37 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list