From: Ashok Shah <ashoks@×××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] M6805 keyboard detection problem
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:18:04
Hello

I have read quite a bit about the how bitchy eMachines M6805 laptop is. But
hey, I got one of that before I read all those comments. I am trying to
install Gentoo on my eMachines M6805 laptop. I have tried to install from
"install-amd64-universal-2004.3-r1.iso", "install-amd64-minimal-2004.3.iso",

and minimal version. I am giving the booting option pci=noacpi. It boots
perfect, but when I get a prompt I don't have any keyboard working. My
laptop keyboard doesnot work. I tried to connect USB keyboard, but that
doesnot work either.

I am pretty sure the problem is it is not able to enable the USB ports, and
the keyboard hardware for the laptop is just too new to find drivers during
installation.

I have read on the Gentoo install instructions that there is an emachines
kernel, but non of the versions that I download
("install-amd64-universal-2004.3-r1.iso",

"install-amd64-minimal-2004.3.iso", and minimal version) have emachines
kernel. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could find the
Gentoo linux Live CD that has emachines kernel. Or how can I get the
keyboard working during the installation.

Thanks in advance

Ashok.