From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] OT: Ignore this thread feature?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 20:56:25
1 Bob Young wrote:
2 > Joe Menola wrote:
3 >> On Saturday 30 September 2006 15:21, Bob Young wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I've never understood why people care about off topic threads. It's an
6 >>> *email* list, thus it's reasonable to expect that most people are using
7 >>> an email client or some derivative thereof to read the messages posted
8 >>> to the list. With all modern email clients that I know of, it's
9 >>> absolutely trivial to filter/delete/ignore messages in a specific
10 >>> thread. Given that, it's not like anyone not interested in a particular
11 >>> thread is being forced to read or even *manually* deal with unwanted
12 >>> messages.
13 >>>
14 >>
15 >> Some might stay tuned in the unlikely event that the original topic
16 >> might be further discussed...
20 > Uhhhh.....if you have some desire to discuss the "original topic" is
21 > there something that prevents you from either replying to a message
22 > without the OT warning in the subject line, or posting a new message
23 > with a subject indicating what you want to talk about?
24 >
25 Well, I got tired of this thread also. The problem is that there isn't
26 (or I can't find) an "ignore thread" feature in thunderbird, seamonkey
27 or mozilla e-mail clients. I would appreciate if someone shows me how to
28 do it.
29
30 Thanks in advance!
34 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list