From: Bob Young <byoung@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift - slaveryware)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 20:41:36
1 Joe Menola wrote:
2 > On Saturday 30 September 2006 15:21, Bob Young wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've never understood why people care about off topic threads. It's an
5 >> *email* list, thus it's reasonable to expect that most people are using
6 >> an email client or some derivative thereof to read the messages posted
7 >> to the list. With all modern email clients that I know of, it's
8 >> absolutely trivial to filter/delete/ignore messages in a specific
9 >> thread. Given that, it's not like anyone not interested in a particular
10 >> thread is being forced to read or even *manually* deal with unwanted
11 >> messages.
14 > Some might stay tuned in the unlikely event that the original topic might be
15 > further discussed...
19 Uhhhh.....if you have some desire to discuss the "original topic" is
20 there something that prevents you from either replying to a message
21 without the OT warning in the subject line, or posting a new message
22 with a subject indicating what you want to talk about?
25 Regards
26 Bob Young
27 --
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list