From: Joe Menola <menola@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift - slaveryware)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 20:27:23
1 On Saturday 30 September 2006 15:21, Bob Young wrote:
2 > I've never understood why people care about off topic threads. It's an
3 > *email* list, thus it's reasonable to expect that most people are using
4 > an email client or some derivative thereof to read the messages posted
5 > to the list. With all modern email clients that I know of, it's
6 > absolutely trivial to filter/delete/ignore messages in a specific
7 > thread. Given that, it's not like anyone not interested in a particular
8 > thread is being forced to read or even *manually* deal with unwanted
9 > messages.
10
11 Some might stay tuned in the unlikely event that the original topic might be
12 further discussed...
13
14 -jm
15 --