From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift -slaveryware)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 22:35:04
1 On 9/29/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 9/29/06, Bob Young <BYoung@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > > > But they *do* accurately reflect the relationship between vendors and
4 > > > users from Duncan's viewpoint. Your viewpoint is obviously different,
5 > > > but doesn't mean yours is the only "true" one.
6 > >
7 > > Oh please, spare me the relative truth crap. You can argue all you want that
8 > > it's true from Duncan's perspective because that's the way it *feels* to
9 > > him. In the end that's just feel good rationalization and total bullshit.
10 >
11 > Ok, so now you are saying that Duncan's opinion is wrong. You don't
12 > respect Duncan's opinion, but you expect us to respect yours? I call
13 > hypocrite.
14
15 BTW, just for the record, I do not equate closed source with slavery.
16 Nobody is going to be stoned, crucified, or burned at the stake for
17 refusing to use some piece of software. It is a choice of which
18 software to use, and for almost all cases, there is enough competition
19 in the industry that nobody should feel enslaved by their choices.
20
21 However, I also recognize that Duncan has much stronger opinions on
22 the subject than I do, so I understand why he uses the terms that he
23 does. When he uses the terms, I have no misunderstanding of what he
24 means, even if I don't agree. So I consider them perfectly accurate
25 representations of his opinions.
26
27 -Richard
28 --