From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Still unable to unmask KDE4.1.2
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 16:48:52
1 Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Well, after 2 weeks of fumbling and fidgeting, I still am unable to
3 > unmask KDE4.1.2. I really do not know now where to go from this point.
4 > Here's what I"ve done.
5 >
6 > I've removed all KDE4.0.X packages.
7 >
8 > I've keyworded the KDE:4 packages (per the documentation) and I still do
9 > not see any KDE4.1.2 packages listed in emerge -upD world.
10 >
11 > I thought, at one time that I needed to also unmask the KDE4.1.2 files
12 > since I"m not running ~amd64, but that didn't change anything.
13 >
14 > I'm at a complete loss for where to go now.
17 Are you using a package manager that supports EAPI 2? I suspect that
18 this is only supported by portage v2.2 or newer versions of paludis -
19 and the unstable kde ebuilds use EAPI 2 so they would be masked by older
20 versions of either package manager.