From: William Tetrault <xcourse97@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Re: Re: experiences with Tyan S4881?
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 01:11:58
1 On Thursday 22 June 2006 23:28, Duncan wrote:
2 >
3 > Observation: the hardware folks should be really glad I switched to Linux.
4 > Since then, the money that /used/ to be split between software (mostly MS)
5 > and hardware has been all hardware! =8^) However, I've been headed to
6 > the point of diminishing returns, and my hardware now does what I need it
7 > to do, so it'll be time to hold and wait for technology to catch up and
8 > make my next upgrade to what by then will be middle of the line again, tho
9 > it'll be a big upgrade for me.
10
11 That's a very acute observation, too. Makes one wonder why, this being the
12 case, there isn't more and better support for open source!
13
14 Me, I'm salivating for the K8L's, regardless of the number of cores.
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list