From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] suddenly lost sound
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 03:32:41
1 On 8/21/06, Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I haven't, but how do I specify that it should be run on resume? Or do I have
3 > to run it myself?
4
5 emerge hibernate-script
6
7 Then "man hibernate.conf", edit /etc/hibernate/ram.conf to suit, and
8 when you want to go to S3 standby, do "hibernate -F
9 /etc/hibernate/ram.conf". Assuming you have ACPI button events setup,
10 you can even edit /etc/acpi/default.sh to set that as the command that
11 is run in response to your power/sleep/lid button.
12
13 I really cannot recommend hibernate-script strongly enough.
14
15 -Richard
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list