From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] suddenly lost sound
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:39:02
1 After a newfound interest in using acpid, I looked up a howto, and then tried
2 to debug. After some googling, I found that the problem was that default.sh
3 in /etc/acpid is stupid, and when It finds an event it doesn't understand
4 (all events) it shuts down the machine and complains. I changed this line,
5 and it now works perfectly. Now alsactl restore is another story. I tried
6 alsactl store 0 and alsactl store 1, but alsactl restore doesn't do anything.
7 It works, but I still have to go through my ritual of playing with the
8 volume. Any other ideas?
9
10 Thanks,
11 -Peter