From: ionut cristian cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] new laptop
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 14:16:10
1 2008/2/7, Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>:
2 > 2008/2/7, ionut cristian cucu <cuciferus@×××××.com>:
3 > > ncpufreqd will not start but it doesn't print any errors either.
4 >
5 > have you set the /etc/ncpufreqd.conf?
6 I've looked there and apart from an /proc/acpi/CPU witch had to be
7 corrected to CPU0 everything else was oki
8
9 also, have you started cpufrequtils as
10 > a daemon and loaded the various cpufreq modules?!
11 Yup
12 > without them ncpufreqd won't work. to see if it starts try looking at the
13 > system log.
14 I have not yet setup the system log yet, and gentoo-wiki is not up
15 >
16 > > But
17 > > strange issue: I did a test: MAKEOPTS="-j" emerge amarok and guess
18 > > what the temp did not budge a degree over 50, but this morning as I'm
19 > > writing this my cpu is on 62% usage but the temp is 95 degrees.
22 > it's impossible for the thermal to be at only 50 when compiling unlimited
23 > jobs. maybe the temp you're seeing is the core and not the thermal one. it
24 > makes sense that core is at 50° and thermal at 95°.
25 Hmm I might have a little bit exagerated but hwmon1/2 were constant
26 and certainly in sane values
27 >
28 > > This
29 > > puzzles me. Stopping any emerge process did help, but last night it
30 > > went for hours with full 100% CPU load and now it overheats with
31 > > "-j1". It is clear, to me, that something somewhere is wicked.
32 > > LATER: I've just noticed that TZ01 in kima was 0 rebooting set it to
33 > > 50 and now with emerge keeping the cpu at max speed and load gives me
34 > > only 55 degrees. So how I will do a kernel update maybe will fix my
35 > > problem, because it looks to me like it's comming from there. Isn't
36 > > it?
37 >
38 > then the tz01 is the processor core thermal and not the thermal itself. then
39 > you should have another thermal zone other than TZ01. try looking in the
40 > /proc/acpi. or better do a ls -lR /proc/acpi > proc-contents.txt and append
41 > it here. it might be useful to see what your proc contains.
44 > --
45 > dott. ing. beso

proc-content.txt text/plain