From: "Thomas Rösner" <Thomas.Roesner@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] amd64 (arch) specific useflags.
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 17:07:23
1 Martin Bergstrand wrote:
2 > I suppose that this question is slightly off topic here since it doesn't
3 > pertaion only to amd64 but different architectures in genereal.
4 >
5 > However amd64 is where I'm having my problem so here goes:
6 >
7 > How can I enable a USE flag, that is not available for amd64 for testing
8 > purposes?
9 >
10 > In my case I want to experiment with the sybase/sybase-ct use flags so that I
11 > can build the sybase functions for PHP5.
12 > For some reason it has been decided that sybase doesn't run on amd64 so the
13 > use flags have been disabled (even though 1, there is a version of sybase ASE
14 > for amd64 and 2, freeTDS runs on amd64 and can connect to sybase servers
15 > running on different machines).
18 man portage[Enter]
19 /package.use.force[Enter]
20 n