From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 21:02:40
1 Sorry for the spam, LinkedIn has gone crazy.
2
3 On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 2:09 AM, Benny Pedersen <me@××××.eu> wrote:
4 > Duncan skrev den 2014-08-09 16:58:
7 >>> are gentoo users more smart then linkedin ?
8 >>
9 >> Looking at the links, most of them are to
12 > linkedin should sanitice not to post invites on maillist, its simple to them
13 > to figure out not to
14 >
15 >> http://www.linkedin.com/blink?simpleRedirect= [long-encoded-link]
18 > that is the problem with bit.ly aswell it can be used in abuse :(
21 >> Looks to me like some spammer figured out the encoding (probably
22 >> something simple like base64) and that the redirect wasn't linkedin-site-
23 >> limited, thus allowing them to mask whatever link they wanted and hide
24 >> behind linkedin's formerly not too terrible reputation, tho it's surely
25 >> dropping fast due to the spammers now.
28 > yep i would try to build a clamav logical signature, but then its me that
29 > would be unsubscribed, not the invite spammers, i begin to think i dont need
30 > linkedin anymore
31 >
32 > linkedin even have a ipv6 only mx record, damm, gives warning in every
33 > postfix its a no go
34 >
35 > its a error to make multiple mx hostnames, there should only be one mx pr
36 > destinatiion, unless its one of them is a backup mx
37 >
38 > if three is dual stacked it should be all in one mx, not multiple, while
39 > this should only be enforced while not all hostnames is dual stacked ip
40 >
41 > workaround for linkedin could be to have all mx be dual stacked or add
42 > another host ip from another mx host so all is stillo dual stacked not
43 > neseserly on hardware host pr mx hostname
46 >> I've gotten a few of these via email (my lists are via newsgroup via
47 >> gmane, so entirely separate app used) as well, and the tibdixious name
48 >> looks familiar, but this is the first I've noticed the redirect-link.
51 > with gmail one does not notice problems, that does not mean there is none,
52 > thats why i keep my own problems with gentoo :)