From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift - slaveryware)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:49:46
1 "Bob Young" <BYoung@××××××××××.com> posted
2 FAEEIJPAOFEMBBLKPMJEAEMAHKAA.BYoung@××××××××××.com, excerpted below, on
3 Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:42:50 -0700:
4
5 > Would you go to war, or be willing to die for the "freedom" that open
6 > source provides? If not, then equating it with the freedoms that real mean
7 > and women have fought and died for is to marginalize the importance the
8 > word is meant to convey.
9
10 As I said elsewhere, while I can't honestly say I'm to that point /yet/, I
11 /can/ honestly say that I believe I /should/ be to that point. Further,
12 I realize and have accepted the possibility of the loss of physical
13 freedoms to ensure mental freedoms. (IOW, it's possible and has already
14 happened for some, that freedom software and/or a refusal to submit to
15 the ban on reverse engineering in the EULA with most unfreedom (aka
16 slavery) software and in some laws, results in imprisonment. I recognize
17 and accept that as a risk of positively asserting software freedoms.)
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list