From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] VMware and unregister_netdevice
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:50:33
1 On 8/21/06, Jorgen Jonsson <jorgen.jonsson@××××××.se> wrote:
2 > vmware-workstation-5.5.1.19175-r4 installed from Portage.
3 > Whenever I do "/etc/init.d/vmware stop" or reboot I get th error, but
4 > only if I've actually used VMware in the session.
5
6 Weird.
7
8 Are any of the vmware processes still running after doing the stop?
9 What happens if you manually kill -TERM all the vmware services
10 (vmnet-bridge, vmnet-natd, vmnet-netifup, and vmnet-dhcpd)? Does the
11 lsmod use counter of vmnet/vmmon drop to 0?
12
13 Do you have ipv6 support enabled in the kernel and userspace? (check
14 emerge --info, look for ipv6 in USE).
15
16 How about if you shut down other network services (cups, bind, samba,
17 ntp, etc) first?
18
19 -Richard
20 --