From: Jorgen Jonsson <jorgen.jonsson@××××××.se>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] VMware and unregister_netdevice
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 08:10:34
1 On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 00:07 -0700, Richard Fish wrote:
2 > On 8/20/06, Jorgen Jonsson <jorgen.jonsson@××××××.se> wrote:
3 > > Sorry, I spoke to soon. The problem still exists.
4 >
5 > What are you doing to induce this message? I use VMWare on Gentoo
6 > daily and I have never seen that. Which product and version are you
7 > running, and did you install directly from VMWare or from the portage
8 > tree?
9 >
10 > -Richard
11 vmware-workstation-5.5.1.19175-r4 installed from Portage.
12 Whenever I do "/etc/init.d/vmware stop" or reboot I get th error, but
13 only if I've actually used VMware in the session.
14 If I boot up and immediately stop the vmware service, all goes well.
15 --
16 Jörgen Jonsson, Saitek AB
17 Vretstorp, Sweden